Alternative Healing – How Reflexology Foot Therapy Can Help You
Reflexology is an alternative healing art based on the principle that there are reflexes in the feet, hands and ears, and helps promote the natural function of the related areas of the body. Through application of pressure on these reflexes, reflexology relieves tension, improves circulation, and helps promote the natural function of the body.
Reflexology, also referred to as foot therapy, helps to balance the physical, mental and emotional aspects of your whole body. If an organ or gland is under active or overactive, therapy through the foot can help return it to a normal level.
In my practice I provide the highest quality alternative healing therapy to all ages. It is my passion to help you and others in achieving and maintaining health. I advocate regular foot therapy treatments as an important component in reaching this goal.
According to the Reflexology Associataion of Canada (RAC) Reflexology is described as:
"Reflexology is a natural healing art based on the principle that there are zones and reflexes in the feet, hands and ears that correspond to every part, gland, and organ of the body."
Reflexology Foot Therapy Benefits
This alternative healing process has many benefits. As a preventative therapy, reflexology works on the thousands of nerve endings in the feet, thereby stimulating the central nervous system. This allows the body to return to a state of “homeostasis”. This is the state the body returns to when we are sleeping. It is the state where the body begins to heal itself.
- Relaxation and release of stress and tension
- Improves circulation
- Helps the body to normalize itself naturally, without adverse side effects.
- Boosts the immune system
- Provides relief from pain, anxiety and nausea
- Improves digestion
- Helps with pressure of headaches, and migraines
- Helps with blood pressure
- Aids in insomnia
What Can I Expect From Alternative Healing Foot Therapy?
- Following illness, stress, injury or disease, your body is in a state of “imbalance” and vital energy pathways are blocked preventing the body from functioning effectively. Reflexology can be used to restore and maintain the body’s natural balance and encourage healing.
- Sensitive, trained hands can detect tiny deposits and imbalances in the feet and by working on these points the Reflexologist can release blockages and restore the free flow of energy to the whole body.
What Happens in a Reflexology Session?
- Sessions usually last from 45 to 60 minutes.
- You may either be in a sitting or lying position.
- Only the feet are touched (sometimes up to the mid-calf area).
- There are over 70 reflexes in your feet that relate to all areas in your body.
- All reflex points on both feet are stimulated as the body is considered to be a whole unit.